MONTH 1-2: CONSULT, TESTING & DIAGNOSIS
*TIMING OF SOME TESTS DEPENDS ON MENSTRUAL CYCLE
- Initial visit.
- Speak with financial counselor & office IVF coordinator.
- Complete testing: blood work, ultrasound, HSG, pap/mammogram, semen analysis.
- View required ART Patient Education webinar.
- Consultation for plan of treatment. Physician will determine protocol; ask any questions regarding information from the ART Patient Education webinar.
MONTH 3: IVF CONSENT SIGNING & DOWNREGULATION
3 TO 6 WEEKS
- Consent signing appointment via telehealth with both partners present; balance due.
- Once cleared by billing/insurance to proceed call ART with menses.
- After menses, begin either birth control pills on cycle day 2-3 for 2 weeks; or after baseline ultrasound completed, begin LH tracking & taking medication.
- During downregulation you will be told where to purchase and how to inject stimulation medications and receive a calendar.
MONTH 4: IVF STIMULATION CYCLE
APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS
- Depending on your downregulation protocol you will be told what medications to discontinue and how to take the medication and dosages for your stimulation.
- You can expect to be seen for at least 6 monitoring visits with adjustments in your medications based on your bloodwork and ultrasounds performed early in the morning.
- You may be contacted by phone or portal based on your preferences.
- When follicles are mature, you will be instructed to stop stimulation medications and inject trigger medications.
- Egg Retrieval is performed 36 hours after trigger.
MONTH 4 CONTINUED: EGG RETRIEVAL & EMBRYO CREATION
- You will come to the RMG/IVF Center and receive IV sedation for your egg retrieval.
- It is mandatory that someone drive you and pick you up.
- You will not feel pain during the procedure.
- If sperm is not frozen your partner will need to collect sperm that day.
- Sperm and egg are united in the lab; you will be contacted the next day with the number of eggs successfully fertilized.
- The embryos are incubated for 5-6 days in the lab. They will be biopsied for PGT and frozen, or only frozen if not planning PGT.
- Fresh transfers take place on day 5 post retrieval.
MONTH 5-6: PRIMING CYCLE FOR EMBRYO TRANSFER
3-4 WEEKS ON BIRTH CONTROL & 3-4 WEEKS ON ESTROGEN/PROGESTERONE
- With menses that occurs after egg retrieval (usually 7-14 days) contact ART.
- PGT results are available in 10-14 days.
- Speak to your office IVF coordinator to discuss and schedule any necessary testing.
- Schedule consent signing for FET via telehealth with both partners present.
- After consents signed and you are cleared by billing/insurance, and at the start of your next menses, ART will schedule your next ultrasound and blood work. They will also instruct you when to stop the birth control pills and begin estrogen medication to develop uterine lining for FET.
- After taking medications for 1.5 to 2 weeks, your blood levels are checked and ultrasound performed; if lining is ready you will start progesterone.
- After 5 days of adding progesterone the FET will be performed.
- On the day of the transfer come with a full bladder and take the prescribed Valium.
- The procedure is done via ultrasound guidance and takes about 15 minutes.
- Approximately 9-11 days post transfer you will come in for pregnancy testing.
- When pregnant you will continue your estrogen and progesterone through the end of your 10th week of pregnancy.